Welcome!


It's not about what grade you teach, which class you teach, where you teach, or even if you teach (administrators and staff support play an important role in student learning as well.) It's all about all of us working together to help all students learn more.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Hooray, Hooray Spring Break Starts Today! :)

Don't get me wrong--I love my job. However, I do enjoy my breaks as well. I think breaks are important as they give us a chance to unwind and recharge--especially at this point in the school year. My senior students are ready to just hurry up and graduate already and the warmer weather and spring sports schedule has my underclassmen ready to be done as well. Truthfully, I am ready for warm weather and time off as well.

My plans for my break include:
1. Getting the deals I posted about earlier from Staples
2. Getting a pedicure to get ready for sandal weather
3. Going to the Delaware Valley Regional Science Fair where my 15 year old son will be competing
4. Finishing the book Drive--the Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink. At some point, I'll share his ideas in a post. Long story short, research strongly supports internal motivation over the carrot and stick policy. His ideas so apply to education.
5. Reconnecting over dinner or lunch with some good friends
6. Enjoying my family (this should really be at the top of my list)
7. Checking out my favorite money saving blogs including mycouponteacher.com, moneysavingmom.com, and hip2save.com. It was through these sites that I decided that it would be neat to have a similar blog for education--hope my readers agree!
8. Starting the planning for a Genocide Unit for our World History group (maybe...)
9. Adding a few more posts to this blog :)

What are your spring break plans? How do you recharge for the final stretch of the school year?
Leave a comment to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do do think? I'd love to hear from you.
Leave your comment to get the discussion started.